Soul bird

Since I have always loved music, made it my profession, and still enjoy playing the piano, arranging and composing music, and directing my ladies' chorus, I've decided to add a little music to my dare! The centrepiece is a few bars of a suite for piano that I composed some years ago. To listen to this piano piece, click on the image! Warning - it's classical! The suite is based on a wonderful book called "The soulbird" by Michel Snunit. This, the second piece in the suite, was inspired by these lines from the book:

Inside the soul, right to the very middle of it,
there's a bird standing on one foot,
This is the soul bird.
It feels everything we feel.


soul bird




Comments

  1. How absolutely wonderful, unique and very special! Thank you Faith, I have really enjoyed seeing and hearing your creativity. I think your piece definitely sounds modern, not classical and has an unusual 5/4 timing too. Great stuff! Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your nice comment, Annie. Yes, most of it's in 5/8 time, which fascinates me because the music always seems to be sneaking in an extra beat for "good measure". By classical I meant it wasn't pop or a jingle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have absolutely no idea what you and Annie mean (sorry), but I do like to 'hear' this colorful zendala!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Anne. Technical musical terms. I responded to Annie's comment, of course, and now I'm reassuring you that the terms are only important in theory! In practice it's the listening that matters. Thanks for listening to my musical zendala! :-)))

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment